Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween 2008

Carving pumpkins Minnie Mouse, Elephant, & Gypsy Seth's costume had the cutest padded bum. Hadley really wanted a picture of what her skirt looked like when she was dancing. She wouldn't wear her head scarf that night--without it some people weren't sure what she was supposed to be. Oh well... We had to wait a while for David to get home from work before I could take them trick or treating. It felt like every time I turned around Seth had opened up another sucker from my bowl and was chowing down.


I read one time that sugar highs in children are a myth. I decided that whoever wrote that never had children of their own, or never had the joy of sitting exhausted on the couch after a night of Halloween festivities watching your kids bounce off the walls. (Sorry it's sideways--no idea why and no idea how to fix it.)

4 comments:

Lady Carolyn said...

Cute! I love Halloween. Lillian told me that someone smashed her pumpkin. so sad.

I dig the padded bum. :)

Prestwich Family said...

Great costumes! We had one of those who know one knew what it was either. I wish the people at the doors would just say, "Cute costume" instead of "What are you supposed to be." Does it have to be obvious every time?

Val said...

That's ok. Everyone called Devin an elf. She's a gnome people! A gnome! Oh well. I'm just as bad. I can only make out about 1/2 the costumes that come to our door. You guys looked awesome!!

Wendy said...

Your kids looked great. Addyson didn't wear her witch hat all night and everyone kept saying oh, don't you look pretty- whatever!