Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!

I'm not sure I've ever really made any New Year's resolutions. Goals have never been a big thing in my life. Personal Progress? Never finished it. I've decided that this is one of the contributing problems to my numerous self-defeating behaviors. I've never wanted to set goals because I didn't want to fail. SO...that's gonna change.

First goal--blog more! I'd like to blog at least weekly, but since I'm coming from a place of blogging once every two to three months, sometimtes more, I'm going to instead make the goal of blogging every other week. I got a new Palm Centro phone for myself for Christmas, so I'm going to set an alarm to remind myself of this. Wish me luck!

Other resolutions for 2009:

Read scriptures daily
Keep my kitchen clear of clutter (this includes MANY other small goals that will help make this happen)
Get to bed earlier and wake up earlier
Exercise three times a week
Do my neck exercises at least every other day for three months (I have a series of exercises prescribed by my chiropractor--when I do them regularly my pain and headaches decrease significantly)
Follow a budget
Pray more

Not only is it a big deal that I'm making resolutions, it's a HUGE deal that I'm actually posting them for anyone to see. Remember that fear of failure? Trying to overcome that one. I've been trying to teach my seven year old not to be afraid of failure, and I've got to live what I preach.

So Happy New Year to you all. May the new year find you more peaceful, more prosperous, healthier and happier.

2 comments:

Lady Carolyn said...

You too! I look forward to the blog posts! --I don't know if this will help you, but I stopped keeping a journal and blogged instead. Whenever something good happened I'd take a few minutes before bed and type it. I have a lot more free time than you tho. :)

Prestwich Family said...

You go girl! I know you can accomplish anything you want to. I have yet to make one resolution!