Friday, April 24, 2009

Eight is Great

Wow, where has the time gone? We've had a rather eventful couple of months. Some good, some bad. I've got a bit to catch up on. I'll start with Hadley's birthday and baptism and then see where I get from there.

Hadley had some friends and cousins over for her birthday for a movie party.

First they ate pizza, then watched "Bolt."

Opened presents next.


Then we had cake and ice cream. It was pretty mellow and I think they had a good time.



Then the next week was Hadley's baptism.

Grandma & Grandpa Knight came, as did Rebecca & Emily, the Guinn family, the Matt Phair family, Jake and Elizabeth. Jake gave one of the talks. We also had friends from the ward and school. She was baptized with two other girls so there was quite a crowd. Hadley and her friend Liz, who was also getting baptized, sang a musical number with their brothers and sisters. They sang, "When I am baptized." Hadley was so nervous that she said before she went up, "I feel like if I go up there I'm going to explode." As you can see from the pictures she didn't explode, but she was a bit overcome with emotion and had a hard time posing for a picture right before going into the font.
She just gets nervous and can't function sometimes. Bless her heart.

She was happy inside...really. :-)

This is Hadley's best friend Parker. They met in the first grade and have been inseparable ever since. Sadly, he just moved to Highland, and while he's finishing school with her this year, he will be at a different school next year. Parker's mom and I are wondering how they are going to survive. The other night in her prayers, Hadley said, "Please help me to be strong next year without my friend, Parker--when he needs me and I need him." She just doesn't like playing with the girls much at school and not all the boys are as sweet as Parker. We'll see what happens. She has girls that are friends in her class, but would just rather play with boys most of the time.
Hadley & her cousin Aiden
With Grandma & Grandpa Knight. Grandpa Knight confirmed Hadley.
All the cousins that were there from the Phair side of the family. Check out Jordan and Hadley. (Jordan is the tallest cousin in the background) Are they twins or what? They also have those twin high-strung personalities.
Grandma & Grandpa Knight and the youngest of their brood. (Except for Jacob, Jakob, & Erik who are in New Hampshire)
Seth was cheesin' it up so Val decided to zoom in on him.

2 comments:

Prestwich Family said...

That is just so cute about Hadley and her little friend. She looks adorable! And so tall! And your hair looks great by the way. Way to go Hadley, wish we could have been there!

Val said...

Oh, that little prayer about Parker made me cry. Why is being a kid so hard sometimes? Heck, why is being an adult so hard sometimes? That really is funny how much Jordan and Hadley look alike. I hadn't really noticed that before.