Saturday, February 21, 2009

Things I Love...

Since I didn't get around to doing a Valentine's post this month, I thought I'd spend a little time thinking about the things I love. This list is by no means comprehensive, just what's going through my head right now...

  • I love the smell of my children after a bath
  • I love warm chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven (semi-sweet chips, thank you)
  • I love laying in bed with my husband and talking about whatever
  • I love to hear my son ask if he can have "panpakes"
  • I love that my girls think I'm funny
  • I love the smell of garlic and onions stir-frying
  • I love the smell of rain
  • I love free food
  • I love my jobs (all four of them)
  • I love the little sounds babies make
  • I love that I feel happier now than I have ever felt in my life
  • I love that I can still feel peace in the midst of such uncertainty around me
  • I love that I live in a time when a woman can get an epidural
  • I love my country
  • I love reading to my children
  • I love that I live in a neighborhood where people don't worry about impressing everyone else
  • I love an empty kitchen sink
  • I love trying new recipes
  • I love that one of my son's bedtime rituals is to spend a couple of minutes cuddling with me
  • I love singing
  • I love that when I sit down and play the piano it relaxes me. Or, in the words of Lucy Honeychurch, "I generally forget my worries at the piano"
  • I love to teach
  • I love that I am a woman, and that I am blessed to be a mother
  • I love that there's no one else in the world I'd rather talk to or spend time with than my husband
  • I love my church, my Savior, and my Heavenly Father

6 comments:

Prestwich Family said...

Those are great! And I know that you have three jobs, mother/wife, kindermusic and music teacher at school, but what is the third? Is it church related?

Mrs. Knight said...

I was including my job with Stories in Concert/Sleepy Hollow.

Prestwich Family said...

Oh, yeah. That is definitely one huge job!!

Val said...

Dang, wish I played the piano. Could use a little relaxation. I'm really good at the bathtub, though. I keep meaning to ask you how "Alice" is going? Bring it up next time we talk!

shannon p. said...

I loved your list - it makes me remember the things I am thankful for - I need to do that more often!

Wendy said...

Miss you, Courtney! I haven't read the stimulus package yet, but I agree with your previous post on the less-than-impressed with the scare tactics.

Which makes me appreciate your current post all the more. Mind if I borrow it? I didn't write anything for Valentine's Day either.