Monday, February 2, 2009

Christmas 2008





On Christmas Eve, after a living room picnic consisting of cheese, crackers, summer sausage, li'l smokies, and Martinelli's, the kids opened their new pajamas. I think Seth's worn his "Fiderman jammies" every night but four since Christmas. In fact, if you come over to our house on any random afternoon, you might see him ready for bed at 3:00.


Santa brought Seth a train set. When we asked him to sit with his train so we could take a picture, apparently he thought we said sit ON your train.





Grandma Emmett got the kids new binoculars. They are so nice, David and I are claiming them too.

Hadley was so excited that she got the entire set of A-Z Mysteries. She'd been asking for them for months.



I think this was the first Christmas where there were actually any pictures of me. I didn't even have to ask David, he just took the camera and took pictures! It was great!



This was by far the best Christmas morning for us. Not because of the presents. I just made the choice to be relaxed. I didn't worry about getting wrapping paper picked up and thrown away as we went or making sure things were staying organized. We just became surrounded by chaos as the morning went on, and it was really great. It only comes once a year, why stress?

1 comment:

Prestwich Family said...

Great pictures court, I mean Dave! Some of the kids pictures of their goofy smiles cracks me up! I know what you mean about "fiderman" Cal wears his shirt all day and night! Miss you all!